Babies & Toddlers 5 hour course Jan 13th, 10.30am- 5pm (Australian Eastern Daylight time (AEDT))
LIVE and ONLINE via Zoom
This five-hour course includes a range of delightful rhymes, games, songs, folk dances, creative movement, musical stories, world music, percussion instrument activities, and creative play for babies & toddlers.
If you can’t attend at these times, you can watch the recordings at a time that suits you.
Comprehensive course notes
Certificate of attendance
An involvement in a music program helps to educate the whole individual – intellectually, physically, socially, emotionally and creatively. Children develop confidence, self-esteem, memory, language, communication, listening, concentration, social skills, fine and gross motor skills, imagination and self-expression, while building an excellent foundation for future musical pursuits. Research consistently links music and movement activities to supporting learning and development in early childhood education. We know that music can activate the brain for learning; trigger positive emotion; enhance physical development, aid wellbeing and self-regulation and should be an important part of every high-quality early childhood program.
Links to the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) which describes five learning and development areas, where children:
• have a strong sense of identity
• are connected with and contribute to their world
• have a strong sense of wellbeing
• are confident and involved learners
• are effective communicators
• To learn how to teach and create a music and movement program for babies & toddlers, with sample lesson plans for a whole term
• Ideas on how to build teacher confidence
• How to incorporate puppets, props and visuals
• Learn how to engage babies and tots to build motor function, foster listening skills and develop language.
• To understand the research and benefits of music and movement
• To learn how to use transition songs between activities
• New ways to enhance learning across the curriculum (EYLF, NQS)
• Hands-on and practical activities that focus on creativity
• Active and enjoyable music-making that is appealing, immediately accessible and easy to teach
We are limiting numbers, so register now.
Previous attendees – If you have previously completed any of our EC courses, you can enrol for a refresher and pay just 50% of the course fee. Please contact our office for full details of these offers.
Limited part scholarships are also available for *students and those who require financial assistance. *This is for full-time undergraduate students only. Photo and Student ID required.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Please note that all Early Bird registrations must be booked and paid by 4th December, 2020 and all other registration fees must be received by Wed 6th Jan, 2021. Cancellations will incur a $25 cancellation fee. No refunds available after Wed 6th Jan, 2021.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER: Susie Davies-Splitter (M.Ed.) is a qualified music and movement educator, accredited Orff trainer, musician, award-winning composer and twice past President of the Victorian Orff Schulwerk Association. Susie and husband Phil run their own successful music education business, ‘Welcome to Music’, providing resources for Early Childhood and Primary teachers. They also present music programs for preschoolers, Artist in School programs, concerts and teacher training around the world.