Stage 1,(3-8 years) 2 day course Jan 14th & 15th, 10.30am- 5pm Australian Eastern Daylight time (AEDT)
LIVE and ONLINE on Zoom
*If you can’t attend at these times, you can watch the recordings at a time that suits you.
This two-day course includes a range of delightful rhymes, games, songs, folk dances, creative movement, musical stories, world music, percussion instrument activities, drumming, recorders, ukuleles, and creative play. We use a multi-modal and multi-sensory approach to help make the learning stick!
• To learn how to teach and create a music and movement program, with sample lesson plans for a whole term!
• Ideas on how to build teacher confidence
• To understand the research and benefits of music and movement
• To learn how to use transition songs between activities
• New ways to enhance learning across the curriculum (EYLF, NQS,and the Australian curriculum – the Arts)
• To participate in Orff units of work – themes include pirates, dinosaurs, space etc
• Hands-on and practical activities that focus on creativity
• To understand links between music and maths, literacy and other subjects
• To develop classroom management strategies
• Active and enjoyable music-making that is appealing, immediately accessible and easy to teach
• Learn how to drum and play the ukulele
• ‘Orff Schulwerk’ principles that will inspire, excite and motivate children to remember, understand and love music
Including a range of delightful rhymes, games, songs, folk dances, creative movement, musical stories, world music, percussion instrument activities, drumming, ukuleles, descant recorder and creative play, the strategies contained in these courses will link to critical aspects of a child’s development and will inspire teachers and educators to embed quality musical activities and experiences into children’s programs. These courses are suitable for all educators working with young children and no prior music experience is necessary. Come and be inspired to make a real and lasting difference to your students!
An involvement in a music program helps to educate the whole individual – intellectually, physically, socially, emotionally and creatively. Children develop confidence, self-esteem, memory, language, communication, listening, concentration, social skills, fine and gross motor skills, imagination and self-expression, while building an excellent foundation for future musical pursuits. Research consistently links music and movement activities to supporting learning and development in early childhood education. We know that music can activate the brain for learning; trigger positive emotion; enhance physical development, aid wellbeing and self-regulation and should be an important part of every high-quality early childhood program.
Here’s what you will receive….
• Orff thematic units
• Transition songs and activities
• New ways to enhance learning across the curriculum (EYLF, NQS and Australian curriculum – the Arts
Links to Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
1.1, 2.1 Knowledge; 3.2, 3.4 Practice; 6.2 Engagement
Links to the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) which describes five learning and development areas, where children:
• have a strong sense of identity
• are connected with and contribute to their world
• have a strong sense of wellbeing
• are confident and involved learners
• are effective communicators
Links to the Australian Curriculum – The Arts
Content descriptors: ACAMUM080, ACAMUM081, ACAMUM082, ACAMUM083
Capabilities: Critical and Creative thinking, Personal and Social, Intercultural Understanding
Links to Quality Standards- QA 1, QA 2, QA 5
Includes comprehensive course notes, course recordings and certificate of attendance
*Remember, if you can’t attend at these times, you can watch the recordings at a time that suits you.
Previous attendees – If you have previously completed any of our EC courses, you can enrol for a refresher and pay just 50% of the course fee. Please contact our office for full details of these offers.
Limited part Kerry Allen scholarships are also available for *students and those who require financial assistance. *This is for full-time undergraduate students only. Photo and Student ID required.
Please note that all registration fees must be received by Wed 6th Jan, 2021. Cancellations will incur a $25 cancellation fee. No refunds available after Wed 6th Jan, 2021.
For further information please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org