About the ‘Beat Street!’ Product Range
Beat Street! is a part of the Welcome to Music Early Childhood Series. It is a collection of songs, dances, musical stories, and instrumental activities to encourage children ages 2 to 10 to be creative and express themselves through musical improvisation. It includes songs and stories about Dinosaurs, Aussie Rules footy and Pirates, plus dances, ‘hello’ songs, and traditional songs from Israel, Africa, and Torres Strait Islands. With opportunities to sing rounds, move, and play instruments this will be a welcome addition to your classroom music collection.
*Please note, as part of this Beat Street! Teacher’s Manual, we have included ‘Move with the Motion’ & ‘Rum Tum Tum’ song updates with notation flashcards, Orff arrangements, and more – see below.
This ‘Digital Teacher’s Manual’ Download Includes:
- A Teacher’s Manual that includes reproducible music, guitar/ukulele chords, song lyrics, percussion arrangements, suggestions for improvisation and ideas on how to best use the material.
- To preview the first several pages of this book (including a listing of included songs, intro, and music for one song), click on the preview images above (watermarks are removed from the purchased product).
- *‘Move with the Motion’ song with updated Orff percussion arrangement, teacher’s notes, ukulele chords, notation flash cards with graphic and number notation, shapes/symbols and Chinese number notation, phrase cards and xylo sheets [17 pages]
- *‘Rum Tum Tum’ song with notation flash cards and Orff arrangement [14 pages]
Note: File will be available to download immediately upon purchase in .zip format (file size approx. 16MB)
Sole-User License Information – Please Read
- All of our digital books, activities & albums are licensed for a sole user which covers one individual teacher wherever they teach. If purchasing for multiple teachers at a school, we ask that you please purchase one copy per individual teacher.
- Upon purchase, you are granted one (1) sole user license holder to reproduce the music and words from this manual in quantities suitable for their individual non-commercial classroom use only.
- All digital distributions to students must be behind a login or password and not publicly accessible.
- Your honesty and integrity are appreciated to keep composers like us writing and recording.
By purchasing from this website, you acknowledge that you have read and understand this agreement.
Additional Track Information
- Individual vocal tracks are available for student use through Spotify, Apple Music, and iTunes – search ‘Susie Davies-Splitter & Phil Splitter’
- All Welcome to Music Backing Tracks are only available as part of an album on this website
Susie & Phil’s philosophy
- We believe that everyone can be a successful musical participant regardless of their background.
- To present music in a range of styles from folk to rap, world music, pop, rock and jazz.
- To enable the class teacher to easily reinforce the activities that are fun to implement
- To use a multi-modal, multi-sensory and whole-body approach to help make the learning stick.
- To encourage students to sing, move, dance, play instruments, create, explore, improvise compose and perform (It’s so good for their self-esteem, confidence and self-expression).
- To enrich lives and connect ourselves and others to our hearts and inner beauty and potential to be creative and compassionate human beings.
- To help students feel good about themselves, develop their self-expression and enhance health and well-being through the joy of music.
- To build happy and healthy communities through inclusive music for all ages, abilities and cultures
- To help raise the awareness of the importance of active music-making in schools and communities