About the ‘Your Stage’ Product Range
Your Stage is a fabulous book about inclusion written by Mary Brake with especially composed lyrics and music written and recorded by Susie and Phil. ‘Your Stage’ is for all educators working with young children, but particularly those teachers who work with neuro diverse groups and individuals. The songs provide the framework for activities, thereby facilitating repetition and predictability for students. The music is engaging for students through its funky and creative energy.
Special moments are created for each individual as the understanding is fostered that each of us is worthwhile, each of us is successful, yet each of us is one part of a larger group. Success in that group setting is ensured, as are ‘safe’ opportunities for self-expression and enjoyment!
‘Your Stage’ helps build self-esteem, social skills, sharing, waiting, leading, copying, self-expression, idea initiation, and relaxation through music. It is a reminder that the stage is open to all providing inclusive opportunities for each individual to shine in their ‘special moment’.
More About ‘Your Stage’
- Your Stage is an especially designed program for inclusion
- Your Stage provides opportunities for each individual to shine in their special moment
- Your Stage is based in music –providing energy, structure, and repetition
- Your Stage is consumer friendly, and does not require the facilitator to have musical expertise.
This ‘Digital Teacher’s Manual’ Download Includes:
- An Updated Teacher’s Manual that includes activity & lesson ideas, song lyrics, suggestions for improvisation and ideas on how to best use the material.
- Note: This teacher’s manual does not contain the music notation. For reproducible music notation of all songs included in this book, please purchase the ‘Your Stage Music Book.’
- To preview the first several pages of this book (including a listing of included songs, intro, and activity suggestions for one song), click on the preview images above (watermarks are removed from the purchased product).
Note: File will be available to download immediately upon purchase in PDF format (file size approx. 10MB)
Sole-User License Information – Please Read
- All of our digital books, activities & albums are licensed for a sole user which covers one individual teacher wherever they teach. If purchasing for multiple teachers at a school, we ask that you please purchase one copy per individual teacher.
- Upon purchase, you are granted one (1) sole user license holder to reproduce the music and words from this manual in quantities suitable for their individual non-commercial classroom use only.
- All digital distributions to students must be behind a login or password and not publicly accessible.
- Your honesty and integrity are appreciated to keep composers like us writing and recording.
By purchasing from this website, you acknowledge that you have read and understand this agreement.
Additional Track Information
- Individual vocal tracks are available for student use through Spotify, Apple Music, and iTunes – search ‘Susie Davies-Splitter & Phil Splitter’
- All Welcome to Music Backing Tracks are only available as part of an album on this website
Susie & Phil’s philosophy
- We believe that everyone can be a successful musical participant regardless of their background.
- To present music in a range of styles from folk to rap, world music, pop, rock and jazz.
- To enable the class teacher to easily reinforce the activities that are fun to implement
- To use a multi-modal, multi-sensory and whole-body approach to help make the learning stick.
- To encourage students to sing, move, dance, play instruments, create, explore, improvise compose and perform (It’s so good for their self-esteem, confidence and self-expression).
- To enrich lives and connect ourselves and others to our hearts and inner beauty and potential to be creative and compassionate human beings.
- To help students feel good about themselves, develop their self-expression and enhance health and well-being through the joy of music.
- To build happy and healthy communities through inclusive music for all ages, abilities and cultures
- To help raise the awareness of the importance of active music-making in schools and communities