About This Resource
‘Down by the Bay’ is a very popular story and song with Verse words adapted by Susie and Phil. Learning has never been more fun and exciting with this engaging story song that will have your children up to 8 years giggle with joy. Through singing and moving, children learn to listen, follow directions, enhance memory, vocabulary and language development which accelerates phonemic awareness improving children’s word comprehension, reading and writing skills. This song is great for brain breaks, literacy awareness and building self-esteem and confidence.
About the ‘Sing Me a Story Series’
Our ‘Sing Me a Story’ series of rich, original and traditional story songs for children includes:
- ‘The Dinosaur Who Lost His Roar’
- ‘Pat the Pirate’, Rocket Sam’
- ‘The Tiny Caterpillar’
- ‘Funkey Monkey’
- ‘The Fireman’s Barbeque’
Each beautifully illustrated book comprises song notation and access to the teacher’s notes and audio track/s.
This Product Includes
- A fully illustrated story song for kids up to 8 years (PDF, 83 pages)
- The story words repeated with blanks for children to fill in the words
- Writing pages
- Colouring page
- Learning Outcomes
- Music notation and ukulele chords
- The Verse pictures reproduced without the lyrics
- Activities – including musical outcomes, literacy (pre-reading, reading, writing and spelling) and art
- Animation and lyric videos – Super Simple Songs & The Learning Station
Note: This product will be available to download immediately after purchase and will not be shipped to you.
Sole-User License Information – Please Read
- All of our digital books, activities & albums are licensed for a sole user which covers one individual teacher wherever they teach. If purchasing for multiple teachers at a school, we ask that you please purchase one copy per individual teacher.
- Upon purchase, you are granted one (1) sole user license holder to reproduce the music and words from this book in quantities suitable for their individual non-commercial classroom use only.
- All digital distributions to students must be behind a login or password and not publicly accessible.
- Your honesty and integrity are appreciated to keep composers like us writing and recording.
By purchasing from this website, you acknowledge that you have read and understand this agreement.
Susie & Phil’s philosophy
- We believe that everyone can be a successful musical participant regardless of their background.
- To present music in a range of styles from folk to rap, world music, pop, rock and jazz.
- To enable the class teacher to easily reinforce the activities that are fun to implement
- To use a multi-modal, multi-sensory and whole-body approach to help make the learning stick.
- To encourage students to sing, move, dance, play instruments, create, explore, improvise compose and perform (It’s so good for their self-esteem, confidence and self-expression).
- To enrich lives and connect ourselves and others to our hearts and inner beauty and potential to be creative and compassionate human beings.
- To help students feel good about themselves, develop their self-expression and enhance health and well-being through the joy of music.
- To build happy and healthy communities through inclusive music for all ages, abilities and cultures
- To help raise the awareness of the importance of active music-making in schools and communities