About Rocket Sam
‘Rocket Sam’ is a favourite story song and space adventure for little kids written by Susie Davies-Splitter & Phil Splitter. Rocket Sam is a very kind, friendly and considerate astronaut. As he is out and about in his spaceship exploring planets in the milky way, he meets a number of lost souls and helps them find their way.
They put on their seatbelts, the countdown had begun
Five, Four, Three, Two and One
Woosh! Blast off into space
Sam and the rusty robot Squeak, bzz, doo
And the clicking comet Click, click, cloo
And the singing star Scooby dooby doo
And the magic moon Sprinkle, tinkle too
And the muddled Martian Miggly, muggly, moo
speed through the Milky Way
About this Rocket Sam Picture Card Pack:
There are 10 beautifully illustrated pictures that include Rocket Sam in his spaceship and saying G’day, the rusty robot, clicking comet, singing star, magic moon, muddled martian, the countdown 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1, the spaceship taking off and Rocket Sam and all of the space creatures together. On the back of each picture, there are the words and narration for each character and action. The idea is that you choose students to hold up one of the pictures. It is their job to say the words and move the picture every time it’s their turn which allows them to act out the story easily. You are able to print these out as an A3 size and laminate. These are another teaching and learning tool to engage your kids in the joy of story songs.
Note: This product will be available to download immediately (.PDF) after purchase and will not be shipped to you.
About the ‘Sing Me a Story’ Series
Listen, read, sing, move, play instruments and improvise with our collection of story songs that are accessible for all young children (3-8 years).
Music is a powerful tool for learning. It can be used in teaching literacy (pre-reading, reading, writing and spelling) and other curriculum areas and at the same time help foster creativity, self-esteem and confidence in all children. These stories can be extended by expanding and developing the characters or creating new material, as well as developing mini musicals by including visual arts, textiles and design.
Our ‘Sing Me a Story’ series of rich, original and traditional story songs for children includes:
- ‘The Dinosaur Who Lost His Roar’
- ‘Pat the Pirate’
- ‘Rocket Sam’
- ‘The Tiny Caterpillar’
- ‘Funkey Monkey’
- ‘The Fireman’s Barbeque’
Each beautifully illustrated book comprises song notation and access to the teacher’s notes and audio track.
Sole-User License Information – Please Read
- All of our digital books, activities & albums are licensed for a sole user which covers one individual teacher wherever they teach. If purchasing for multiple teachers at a school, we ask that you please purchase one copy per individual teacher.
- Upon purchase, you are granted one (1) sole user license holder to reproduce the music and words from this book in quantities suitable for their individual non-commercial classroom use only.
- All digital distributions to students must be behind a login or password and not publicly accessible.
- Your honesty and integrity are appreciated to keep composers like us writing and recording.
By purchasing from this website, you acknowledge that you have read and understand this agreement.
Susie & Phil’s Philosophy
- We believe that everyone can be a successful musical participant regardless of their background.
- To present music in a range of styles from folk to rap, world music, pop, rock and jazz.
- To enable the class teacher to easily reinforce the activities that are fun to implement
- To use a multi-modal, multi-sensory and whole-body approach to help make the learning stick.
- To encourage students to sing, move, dance, play instruments, create, explore, improvise compose and perform (It’s so good for their self-esteem, confidence and self-expression).
- To enrich lives and connect ourselves and others to our hearts and inner beauty and potential to be creative and compassionate human beings.
- To help students feel good about themselves, develop their self-expression and enhance health and well-being through the joy of music.
- To build happy and healthy communities through inclusive music for all ages, abilities and cultures
- To help raise the awareness of the importance of active music-making in schools and communities