About the ‘Move It’ Product Range
Move It is a part of the Welcome to Music Early Childhood Series. It is a collection of songs, dances, musical stories and instrumental activities to encourage children ages 2 to 10 to be creative and express themselves through musical improvisation. Easy, fun, appealing and accessible to all.
Meet Dazza, the Dinky Di Aussie who loves to ‘Say G’day’ in different languages, ‘Banjo the Bunyip’ who has fun playing instruments and the Aussie animals in ‘My Backyard’. Join ‘Rocket Sam’ and his band of space creatures as they sing and dance their way through the milky way. Dance up a storm in ‘Move It’, Jazzy Jive’, ‘Jumpbump’, ‘Fruity Samba’ and the Hebrew song ‘Yesh li Yadayim’. Play in the percussion band in ‘Freeze’, sing with good mates in ‘True Friends’ and relax with scarves in ‘The Ocean Song’.
With opportunities to sing rounds, move, and play instruments this will be a welcome addition to your classroom or home music collection.
This ‘Digital Teacher’s Manual’ Download Includes:
- An Updated Teacher’s Manual that includes reproducible music, guitar/ukulele chords, song lyrics, percussion arrangements, suggestions for improvisation and ideas on how to best use the material.
- To preview the first several pages of this book (including a listing of included songs, intro, and music for one song), click on the preview images above (watermarks are removed from the purchased product).
Note: File will be available to download immediately upon purchase in PDF format (file size approx. 6MB)
Sole-User License Information – Please Read
- All of our digital books, activities & albums are licensed for a sole user which covers one individual teacher wherever they teach. If purchasing for multiple teachers at a school, we ask that you please purchase one copy per individual teacher.
- Upon purchase, you are granted one (1) sole user license holder to reproduce the music and words from this manual in quantities suitable for their individual non-commercial classroom use only.
- All digital distributions to students must be behind a login or password and not publicly accessible.
- Your honesty and integrity are appreciated to keep composers like us writing and recording.
By purchasing from this website, you acknowledge that you have read and understand this agreement.
Additional Track Information
- Individual vocal tracks are available for student use through Spotify, Apple Music, and iTunes – search ‘Susie Davies-Splitter & Phil Splitter’
- All Welcome to Music Backing Tracks are only available as part of an album on this website
Susie & Phil’s philosophy
- We believe that everyone can be a successful musical participant regardless of their background.
- To present music in a range of styles from folk to rap, world music, pop, rock and jazz.
- To enable the class teacher to easily reinforce the activities that are fun to implement
- To use a multi-modal, multi-sensory and whole-body approach to help make the learning stick.
- To encourage students to sing, move, dance, play instruments, create, explore, improvise compose and perform (It’s so good for their self-esteem, confidence and self-expression).
- To enrich lives and connect ourselves and others to our hearts and inner beauty and potential to be creative and compassionate human beings.
- To help students feel good about themselves, develop their self-expression and enhance health and well-being through the joy of music.
- To build happy and healthy communities through inclusive music for all ages, abilities and cultures
- To help raise the awareness of the importance of active music-making in schools and communities