About the ‘Take Orff with Jazz’ Product Range
‘Take Orff with Jazz’ – Vol 1, 2 & 3 – by Susie Davies-Splitter & Phil Splitter
This collection of fabulous classroom jazz arrangements is based on the Orff Schulwerk approach. It includes Susie and Phil’s original and popular pieces and arrangements from the ‘Welcome to Music’ Series in various jazz styles including Swing, Blues, Latin and African. There are also 3 x traditional African pieces included in the mix. All pieces have opportunities for improvisation either through speech, body percussion, singing, movement, dance and or percussion instruments. The repertoire is applicable to early childhood through primary/elementary education, the instrumental studio, therapeutic and community settings
Each of the 3 teacher’s kits consist of an audio album with vocal tracks and a teacher’s manual that includes all notated music, guitar/ukulele chords, words, percussion arrangements, and ideas on how to best use the material.
Included in this Purchase:
- A Teacher’s Manual that includes reproducible notated music, guitar/ukulele chords, song lyrics, percussion and dance arrangements, suggestions for improvisation and ideas on how to best use the material.
- To preview the first several pages of this book (including a listing of included songs, intro, and music for one song), click on the preview images above (watermarks are removed from the purchased product).
- Take Orff with Jazz, Volume 2 – Vocal Tracks Album x 10 (CD)
- To preview vocal tracks, click the “Track Listing” tab above.
Please note that each of these songs and activities have previously been recorded and included in Welcome to Music products and have been updated for these compilations.
These items will be shipped to you after purchase. Physical items may appear slightly different than images shown on this page.
Sole-User License Information – Please Read
- All of our digital and physical books, activities & albums are licensed for a sole user which covers one individual teacher wherever they teach. If purchasing for multiple teachers at a school, we ask that you please purchase one copy per individual teacher.
- Upon purchase, you are granted one (1) sole user license holder to reproduce the music and words from the ‘Take Orff with Jazz, Volume 1’ music book in quantities suitable for their individual non-commercial classroom use only. All digital distributions of book pages to students must be behind a login or password and not publicly accessible.
- All digital or reproducible distributions of files incorporating our recorded music to students must also be behind a login or password and not publicly accessible.
- Students are not permitted to download Mp3 files obtained from the CDs.
- Your honesty and integrity are appreciated to keep composers like us writing and recording.
By purchasing from this website, you acknowledge that you have read and understand this agreement.
Additional Track Information
- Individual vocal tracks are available for student use through Spotify, Apple Music, and iTunes – search ‘Susie Davies-Splitter & Phil Splitter’
- All Welcome to Music Backing Tracks are only available as part of an album on this website
Susie & Phil’s Philosophy
- We believe that everyone can be a successful musical participant regardless of their background.
- To present music in a range of styles from folk to rap, world music, pop, rock and jazz.
- To enable the class teacher to easily reinforce the activities that are fun to implement
- To use a multi-modal, multi-sensory and whole-body approach to help make the learning stick.
- To encourage students to sing, move, dance, play instruments, create, explore, improvise compose and perform (It’s so good for their self-esteem, confidence and self-expression).
- To enrich lives and connect ourselves and others to our hearts and inner beauty and potential to be creative and compassionate human beings.
- To help students feel good about themselves, develop their self-expression and enhance health and well-being through the joy of music.
- To build happy and healthy communities through inclusive music for all ages, abilities and cultures
- To help raise the awareness of the importance of active music-making in schools and communities