About ‘The Power of You’ Product Range
The Power of You is part of the Welcome to Music Choral/Positive Music Series comprising original and uplifting songs to motivate, energise, inspire and promote self-esteem and confidence.
About the Songs:
- All songs can be sung in unison as well as 2, 3 or 4 parts and are suitable for beginner to more advanced choirs and classroom singing
- Styles range from Folk to Pop to Latin to Rock
- Many of the songs have sections with ‘Na’s’, ‘Do’s’, ‘Ba’s’ etc to make the learning inclusive for all
- We use various Orff techniques such as echo, ostinato (repeated patterns), Verse against Chorus, canon (rounds) and pentatonic melodies to help make the teaching process easy, fun and effective and to make the learning stick.
- The songs are in appropriate keys with appropriate lyrics and styles
- The songs include some of the following – movement, actions, body percussion, percussion arrangements, ukuleles and guitar chords, piano accompaniments and opportunities for vocal improvisation.
- Many of the songs make a great choice for concerts and graduations
About “I Believe” AUSLAN Signs from the album, ‘The Power of You’
*The Auslan sign packs do not include the sheet music for this song. Sheet music and scores must be purchased separately.*
Auslan is the language of the Australian Deaf Community.
The illustrations and explanations of the signs do not exactly match the English words as word for word translations do not always make sense. One English word may may result in several Auslan signs or alternatively, a series of English words may be expressed by one or two signs. The lyrics to be sung appear above the pictures and the explanation of the signs are included under the pictures. Deaf people are able to understand the meaning of these signs by watching someone sign in Auslan
Illustrated by: Sue Begg
Auslan Translated by: Neil Ray
This ‘I Believe’ Digital Download Set Includes:
- 1 PDF of ‘I Believe’ Auslan signs which allows:
- Reproductions within one teacher’s classrooms.
- If multiple teachers are using the Auslan signs in their classes, please purchase 1 copy of the signs per teacher.
- To preview the song, click on the images above.
- Note: File will be available to download immediately upon purchase in PDF format (file size approx. 3MB)
PDF & Copy Licence – for Choral Reproduction and For-Profit Performance
Individual Choral Arrangements
All individual choral arrangements are available at the click of a button, and purchases are instantly emailed to you as a PDF, pre-stamped with licence information on the sheet music for legal and licensing purposes. No mail, no queue, no waiting and no delivery costs! Use this legal copy as your master score to make the exact amount of copies that you have purchased and keep the PDF on file for the future!
The minimum fee for every single Choral Arrangement is based on a PDF & Copy licence for 5 standard copies. So, for example, if you purchase a piece for AUD$3.30 – you will pay AUD$16.50 which will allow you to make 5 legally-reproduced copies for your singers (or 25 copies if you are within the AMCOS School Licence Agreement).
- We recommend printing the Choral Arrangements back to back in booklet form on 100GSM A4 paper or more.
- Please do not share the digital downloads or make more reproductions (either by physical copy or digital sharing) than what you have legally purchased. Your honesty is appreciated and under international or AMCOS copyright law – to keep composers like us writing and recording.
- By purchasing from this website, you acknowledge that you have read and understand this agreement.
The AMCOS (Australian Mechanical Copyright Owners Society) Schools Licence Agreement – 25 licenced copies per purchased arrangement set
For all Australian and New Zealand schools only, photocopying laws apply under the AMCOS Schools Licence Agreement. Australian and New Zealand schools are legally permitted to make 5 additional copies per purchased score.
Every choral arrangement digital download set from ‘Welcome to Music’ includes licences for 5 scores (each allowing an additional 5 copies to be made under AMCOS).
Therefore, one purchase of a digital choral arrangement set from ‘Welcome to Music’ allows 25 legal copies to be made by teachers ONLY in Australia or New Zealand.
- Example: If you have a choir of 50 AUS/NZ students, you will need to purchase 2 choral arrangement sets.
Standard International Copyright Law licence – 5 licenced copies per purchased arrangement set
All other countries and groups including Australian & New Zealand adult or professional choirs, festivals, and all other schools outside of Australia and New Zealand are under the same international standard licence of 1 copy per singer with a minimum of 5 copies. Every choral arrangement digital download set from ‘Welcome to Music’ includes licences for 5 scores automatically.
Therefore, one purchase of a digital choral arrangement set allows 5 legal copies to be made for all standard choral purposes (5 singers).
- Example: If you have a choir of 50 people/students and you are not a teacher within AUS/NZ schools, you will need to purchase 10 choral arrangement sets (1 licence per singer).
Minimum purchase of 5 copies of an individual Choral Arrangement
We do understand that teachers may not always desire or be able to photocopy the music score for each student for class or choir use – either because the students are too young, you would like to teach the song by rote or the school can’t afford it. In this case, we ask that you purchase one set of a choral arrangement which includes 5 standard licences.
‘Welcome to Music’ Perusal Copies via Choral Packs & Lyric Books
Please note that as part of the ‘Anything Is Possible’, ‘The Power of You’ and ‘Welcome to Music’ Choral Packs, you have the opportunity to purchase a collection of single Choral Arrangements as a perusal version (non-reproducible).
Additionally, you can purchase the Lyric Books separately for ‘Anything is Possible’ and ‘The Power of You’ and have permission to print out the lyrics for students in quantities suitable for individual non-commercial classroom use only. All digital distributions to students must be behind a login or password and not publicly accessible.
‘The Power of You’ digital & physical products available for purchase include (view all ‘The Power of You’ products – click here):
- A Choral Pack with 14x individual choral arrangements comprising lyrics, piano accompaniments, harmonies and ukulele/guitar chords
- Please note that this kit is for perusal only.
- 14 x individual choral arrangements
- Lyric book with suggestions for use
- Vocal audio tracks x 14
- Backing audio tracks x 14
Choral/Vocal Track/CD Information
- All recorded tracks for ‘Anything is Possible’ and ‘The Power of You’ are available either as a digital download or physical CD (Vocal and/or Backing Tracks).
- All recorded tracks for the ‘Welcome to Music Choral Pack’ are available on various albums either as a digital download or physical CD (Vocal and/or Backing Tracks).
- Individual vocal tracks are available for student use through Spotify, Apple Music, and iTunes – search ‘Susie Davies-Splitter & Phil Splitter’
- All Welcome to Music Backing Tracks are only available as part of an album on this website
- How do I purchase a single choral arrangement?
- As part of a Welcome to Music Choral Pack which is a collection of single arrangements for perusal purposes
- I have 53 x 5-7 year old singers in my junior choir and I would like each singer to have their own copy of the music. How many copies of the choral arrangement pack do I have to order?
- If you are a teacher within a school in Australia or New Zealand:
- For this example, 2 copies of a digital choral arrangement pack will not be quite enough (only allowing 50 legal copies), therefore you will need to purchase 3 copies of the digital choral arrangement pack (allowing up to 75 legal reproductions). Use the extra copies as needed for replacement scores or to save for future years.
- If you are a teacher/director of any choir (school or professional) OUTSIDE of Australia/New Zealand or are a professional choir (non-school) within Australia/New Zealand:
- You will need to purchase 1 score per singer. Because our choral arrangements are sold in packs of 5 standard licence copies, you will need to purchase 11 choral arrangement packs (allowing up to 55 legal reproductions) to have enough licences for each of your singers.
- If you are a teacher within a school in Australia or New Zealand:
Note: If you only wish to teach the song by rote or reproduce and hand out the lyrics from the Teacher’s Book, you only need to purchase one pack of a Choral Arrangement which will still entitle you to photocopy the master PDF x 5.