About the ‘Sing, Jam and Jive’ Product Range
Sing, Jam and Jive is another collection of snazzy, jazzy songs to get children movin’ and groovin’ to the beat and improvising on their feet!
Enjoy an interactive, welcome song utilising solfa on ‘Welcome Here Today,’ before swaying your hips to the ‘Cha Cha Groove’ and tapping your toes to the ‘Beep Bop’ game! You’ll travel around the world to South Africa on ‘Ipharadisi,’ all the way to Ireland for ‘Irish Rover,’ stopping for a Greek treat in ‘It’s All Greek to Me,’ and a toe-tapping ‘Jamaican Jive,’ before coming back to the Aussie Outback on ‘Narrabundah’.
You’ll scat, sing, rap, and improvise your way through the very cool, ‘Hip Hop Bop’ while becoming a “Very Cool Cat” on ‘Hey Yo.’
Finally, you’ll celebrate everyone’s beautiful differences and send hope for a better world on ‘Just Being Me.’ This treasured collection of catchy songs, games, and multi-cultural songs will delight and inspire every one of your students, all while reminding them of the power of working and playing together!
Sing, Jam and Jive provides an Orff Schulwerk (multi-modal and whole body) based approach for learning improvisation through speech, singing, movement, games, playing percussion instruments and the student’s instrument of choice. It covers a range of musical styles such as – jazz, blues, Latin, Klezmer, African, Hip Hop, Reggae, and popular and world music. The repertoire is applicable to early childhood, primary, secondary, therapeutic, and community settings.
Various ‘Orff’ techniques, such as imitation, echo, ostinato, canon, and question and answer, are used to help make the improvisational experience easy, fun, and accessible to all. ‘Sing, Jam and Jive’ is written specifically to help students and their teachers begin and then enhance their improvisational skills, knowledge, and musical confidence.
This ‘Digital Teacher’s Manual’ Download Includes:
- An Updated Teacher’s Manual that includes reproducible music, guitar/ukulele chords, song lyrics, percussion arrangements, suggestions for improvisation and ideas on how to best use the material.
- To preview the first several pages of this book (including a listing of included songs, intro, and music for one song), click on the preview images above (watermarks are removed from the purchased product).
Note: File will be available to download immediately upon purchase in PDF format (file size approx. 10MB)
Sole-User License Information – Please Read
- All of our digital books, activities & albums are licensed for a sole user which covers one individual teacher wherever they teach. If purchasing for multiple teachers at a school, we ask that you please purchase one copy per individual teacher.
- Upon purchase, you are granted one (1) sole user license holder to reproduce the music and words from this manual in quantities suitable for their individual non-commercial classroom use only.
- All digital distributions to students must be behind a login or password and not publicly accessible.
- Your honesty and integrity are appreciated to keep composers like us writing and recording.
By purchasing from this website, you acknowledge that you have read and understand this agreement.
Additional Track Information
- Individual vocal tracks are available for student use through Spotify, Apple Music, and iTunes – search ‘Susie Davies-Splitter & Phil Splitter’
- All Welcome to Music Backing Tracks are only available as part of an album on this website
Susie & Phil’s philosophy
- We believe that everyone can be a successful musical participant regardless of their background.
- To present music in a range of styles from folk to rap, world music, pop, rock and jazz.
- To enable the class teacher to easily reinforce the activities that are fun to implement
- To use a multi-modal, multi-sensory and whole-body approach to help make the learning stick.
- To encourage students to sing, move, dance, play instruments, create, explore, improvise compose and perform (It’s so good for their self-esteem, confidence and self-expression).
- To enrich lives and connect ourselves and others to our hearts and inner beauty and potential to be creative and compassionate human beings.
- To help students feel good about themselves, develop their self-expression and enhance health and well-being through the joy of music.
- To build happy and healthy communities through inclusive music for all ages, abilities and cultures
- To help raise the awareness of the importance of active music-making in schools and communities