About the ‘Take Orff with Recorder’ Product Range
‘Take Orff with Recorder’ –- by Susie Davies-Splitter & Phil Splitter
Great classroom recorder arrangements based on the Orff Schulwerk approach. It includes Susie and Phil’s original and popular pieces and arrangements from the ‘Welcome to Music’ Series adapted and modified for descant/soprano recorder in various styles including Jazz, Blues, Latin, Reggae, Calypso etc. All 15 pieces have opportunities for recorder improvisation as well as speech, body percussion, singing, movement, dance and percussion instruments. The repertoire is applicable for 7-12 year olds.
Various ‘Orff’ techniques are used such as imitation, echo, ostinato, canon and question and answer are used to help make learning the recorder easy, fun and accessible to all.
It is recommended that ‘Take Orff with Recorder’ is used after students have had some beginning experience with the recorder. The book assumes basic knowledge of how to play and care for the recorder and notes BAG, low E and D. It begins with 4 pieces that contain DEGAB and then is graded in difficulty as it gradually introduces CDEFF#GABBbCD
Included in This Digital Download:
- All 15 Mp3 Tracks from the Take Orff with Recorder Backing Track Album
- To preview vocal tracks, click the “Track Listing” tab above.
- Note: This album does not contain lead vocal parts — all songs are in a backing track (karaoke-style) format. If you would like lead vocals, please purchase the vocal track album instead.
- Front & Back Cover Images
*Note: Files will be available to download immediately upon purchase in .zip format (size: approx. 50MB).
Please note that each of these songs and activities have previously been recorded and included in Welcome to Music products. In this resource, the tracks have been re-recorded with added recorder parts, additional lesson materials have been added for recorder and Orff percussion and not available in previous resources.
Sole-User License Information – Please Read
- All of our digital albums are licensed for a sole user which covers one individual teacher wherever they teach.
- If purchasing for multiple teachers at a school, we ask that you please purchase one copy per individual teacher and refrain from sharing files with others.
- All digital distributions of files incorporating our music to students must be behind a login or password and not publicly accessible.
- Students are not permitted to download Mp3 files.
By purchasing from this website, you acknowledge that you have read and understand this agreement.
Additional Track Information
- Individual vocal tracks are available for student use through Spotify, Apple Music, and iTunes – search ‘Susie Davies-Splitter & Phil Splitter’
- All Welcome to Music Backing Tracks are only available as part of an album on this website
Susie & Phil’s Philosophy
- We believe that everyone can be a successful musical participant regardless of their background.
- To present music in a range of styles from folk to rap, world music, pop, rock and jazz.
- To enable the class teacher to easily reinforce the activities that are fun to implement
- To use a multi-modal, multi-sensory and whole-body approach to help make the learning stick.
- To encourage students to sing, move, dance, play instruments, create, explore, improvise compose and perform (It’s so good for their self-esteem, confidence and self-expression).
- To enrich lives and connect ourselves and others to our hearts and inner beauty and potential to be creative and compassionate human beings.
- To help students feel good about themselves, develop their self-expression and enhance health and well-being through the joy of music.
- To build happy and healthy communities through inclusive music for all ages, abilities and cultures.
- To help raise the awareness of the importance of active music-making in schools and communities.